COVID-19 Operational Policy
How we’re mitigating the spread of COVID-19 through real estate operations.
As we all work together to flatten the curve of COVID-19, I hope that you, your family and all those close to you are keeping healthy and safe.
At LJ Hooker, our priority is to make sure that people feel safe and secure in their home. To do this our national network of offices are here to assist you - our valued customer - with your real estate needs. By working together, we will prevail, just as our iconic brand has done over the past 91 years.
To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented numerous operational protocols. When our team is serving you, be assured we are meeting or exceeding the evolving government and community guidelines.
Today many businesses operate from properties that are managed by an LJ Hooker Commercial team, and thousands of investors, businesses and corporations choose to sell, buy and lease with us each year. We don’t take this responsibility lightly, so please read below our revised operations. And if you have a real estate need, please reach out to your nearest LJ Hooker Commercial office.
L Janusz Hooker,
Chairman, LJ Hooker Group
Sales and Rental Inspections
When we are inspecting your premises, or conducting an inspection by appointment, you can expect the following:
- The occupant of the property will be asked to declare if they are unwell or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days. Without a positive declaration the inspection will not proceed;
- Members of the public will be excluded from inspecting if they are unwell or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days;
- No more than 1 group (to a maximum of 2 people from the same family or household, depending on your state or territory) will be allowed in the property at the same time. All inspections will be by appointment only.
- Those inspecting will be asked to wear latex gloves;
- Hand sanitiser will be made available to everyone (where available);
- Your agent will open all doors prior to the inspection to minimise the need for prospective buyers or tenants to touch any surfaces;
- Prospective buyers and tenants will be asked to refrain from touching surfaces;
- Your agent will wipe door handles and any other touchpoints with disinfectant before leaving the premises.
- Many LJ Hooker Commercial auctions can now be done via live stream;
- If you would like to bid, please speak to one of our agents. They will assist you to be set up and ready to bid;
- Buyers must register on the online auction platform. They can do so right up until the auction;
- Buyers can bid over the phone with the assistance of one of our qualified staff.
Inspections and repairs
- We will not conduct any physical inspection. However, you may be requested to conduct your tenancy routine inspections online;
- Your agent will advise you on how the online inspection will be conducted;
- Tradespeople attending properties will be asked to declare if they are unwell or have travelled overseas in the last 14 days before they attend the property;
- Tenants will be asked to declare if they are unwell, self-isolating or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days to protect tradespeople attending the property;
- Emergency repairs and maintenance will be dealt with as a priority. Non-urgent maintenance may not be attended to during the current COVID-19 restrictions.
- Please be aware there may be delays in securing tradespeople.
LJ Hooker Offices
LJ Hooker Commercial offices around Australia have implemented many “work from home” policies for staff to minimise the risk to their health and safety. For the times where office access is required, our offices have also implemented increased cleaning procedures for their office environments.